Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Much On My Mind

I've got so much on my mind, but I can't get my thoughts to coalesce in any meaningful way in order to put them down here. I'm concerned for myself, for a friend, for the world. In that order.

I'm wondering about the concept of loving one's self. People say you can't love another until you love yourself. Well, I think that's bullshit. There are people in my life that I love so much I'd die for them. But I really don't like myself that much at all. I know that I have certain good qualities, but it seems that my inabilities far outweigh my abilities.

Crap. Never mind. My head hurts. I need chocolate.

2 comments:

theminx said...

RuPaul says, "If you can't love yourself, how the HELL you gonna love somebody else?" I think there's something to that - and it's really referring to the love of a partner, not a friend or parent.

Kate said...

You make a good point. I can see that it IS necessary in a romantic relationship. I stand corrected. :o)