Thursday, May 13, 2010

Knowing the Way Out

A guy's walking down the street and he falls into a hole. The hole's so deep he can't climb out. After he's been down there a bit, his doctor walks by. "Hey Doc, I'm stuck down here, can you help me out?" Doctor writes out a prescription and drops it in the hole, and moves on. A while later, his priest walks by. "Hey Father, I'm stuck down here, can you help me out?" Priest writes out a prayer and drops it in the hole, and moves on. Eventually here comes his friend. "Hey Joe, I'm stuck down in this hole, can you help me out?" His friend jumps into the hole. Guy says, "Joe, are you crazy? Now we're both stuck down here!" Friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before, and I know the way out."

As long as you've got a friend, you can always find the way out.

When I die I want someone to stand up at my wake and say "She was the best friend I ever had." If I can leave that as my epitaph, my life will have had meaning.

2 comments:

theminx said...

Certainly. But if you outlive me, I can't make any guarantees. :)

Kate said...

If I get my wish, you will outlive me, Hon.